CEREMONY VENUE: Sponza Palace | FLOWERS: Le Salon | HAIR & MAKEUP: hair salon UP | PHOTOGRAPHER: Mihoci Studios
Dubrovnik Event are unreal. THE BEST of the best. They are amazing at what they do and execute it flawlessly. Matea and Ines made sure our wedding day was the most magical day, with the most stunning venue, set up, flowers, music, photographer and support throughout. It was totally stress free, as we could 100% trust and be assured that Matea and Ines had everything organised, which meant we could savour and enjoy every minute.Their knowledge and suppliers are first class.
Not only the big day, but the planning was so easy and enjoyable, Matea and Ines are such lovely people with the most amazing energies, so it was an absolute pleasure to plan with them. We first contacted DE in January 2019, we flew to Dubrovnik in the June, met Ines and had a look at some venues. From the moment I met Ines, I knew she was special and I would be able to put all of my trust in her to plan my destination wedding!!
Skip to 2021 and COVID is still lingering, we had to change our plans as we could not have the 70 person wedding we had planned. The original date was July 2021 and in May 2021 we decided to change tact and elope, so it was quite last minute, with only 2 months to go!
As it was going to be just the 2 of us, I was slightly worried that it would not be the big wedding I had always dream of, but I could not have been more wrong! It was more amazing than I could ever have imagined and that is all down to Matea and Ines, for planning it to perfection!!
Matea will always have a special place in my heart, for being my stand-in Maid of Honour whilst I got ready into my dress and escorting me to the ceremony, helping to feel so relaxed and excited <3
If you are considering a wedding in Dubrovnik, look no further. You are in the hands of the event planning queens. Professional, fun, supportive, knowledgeable, creative, caring and will give you the best day of your life 🙂
PHOTOGRAPHER: Veronica Arevalo, Svadbas Photography
1. Dubrovnik’s beauty has long been inspirationally known and world renowned, even the famous poet Bernard Shaw said it himself: “Those who seek Paradise on Earth, must come to Dubrovnik”. This says it all and surely you will know what he meant once you visit and experience the picturesque sites this amazing city has to offer. You will be enchanted by its clear blue sea, pristine beaches, hospitality of the locals and that familiar feeling like you are at home, at a first glance. You will always want to come back to it.
2. Dubrovnik is also known under its alias “Pearl of the Adriatic”, as it truly offers you and your wedding guests absolutely anything you may need and want while leaving you without breath with its natural beauties, rich history, culture and romantic alleys. It has been a vacation getaway location for many celebrities including Beyonce, Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Mickey Rourke, Nick Nolte, Steve Buschemi and Roger Moore, to name a few.
3. Today, you can directly fly to Dubrovnik for your wedding from most European and world cities, including New York from 2011! You can also fly to Dubrovnik’s local airport from England, Ireland, Germany, Russia, Italy, France, Spain, Turkey, Switzerland and Austria, to name a few. This definitely saves a lot of time and money for your guests, making it convenient, easy and even more desirable as a destination wedding location.
4. UNESCO has placed Dubrovnik and its famous city walls in 1979 as a city under their protection due to its incredibly rich cultural and historical heritage and the preservation of the mentioned. You will surely have lots to do around here- from learning about our rich history and culture, to, for some more fun stuff, such as paragliding, water sports, diving, kayaking, or simply sun bathing with an occasional swim in the clear blue sea. And you wont even have to look very closely to see the fish swimming around you- the sea is just that clear!
5. While walking through streets of Dubrovnik, you will be able to pick a lemon for your morning freshly squeezed lemonade, a tangerine to have for breakfast, some pomegranate for snacking fresh and healthy at the beach; and pretty much wherever you go- to a local tavern or your private accommodation Bed and Breakfast, you are most likely to be served mostly homemade and home grown produce. Croatians take pride in this so enjoy the organic fruit and vegetables at your hand’s reach.
6. Dubrovnik has 2554 sunny hours per year in average. looking for a sunny destination wedding location? You can’t beat that!
7. Dubrovnik has been a host to Dubrovnik Summer Festival for over 60 years- concerts under the stary skies, theatrical plays in most amazing lcoations you can imagine and medieval costumed festival on each cobbed corner! Your guests will have loads of options to choose from on their list of “what to do while in Dubrovnik”.
8. Dubrovnik’s accommodation and restaurant/bar offer reached an enviable assortment of all different kinds and categories of the properties, so you can stay and offer your guests to indulge at a 5 star hotel overlooking the famous Dubrovnik’s city walls while enjoying a relaxing massage with a glass of champagne, or enjoy the authenticity in one of the local B&Bs in the Old Town up in the cobbled streets. Or maybe a Villa with a pool for your guests, there are loads to choose from! Whatever their budget and preferences are, we assure you Dubrovnik has it all. And when it comes to dining and wining in Dubrovnik, you are in for a treat! We will happily send you a list of must visit places to taste the very best of Dubrovnik.
9. Your guests will be happy to visit a place for your wedding week where they will be able to make a vacation out of it- there is a bit for everyone’s tastes in this beautiful city. Also, Montenegro is half hour away and Medjugorje is only 2 hours away if your family wishes to do a pilgrimage trip.
10. After a couple of days walking through Dubrovnik streets and visiting local bars, you will feel like home, already getting exciting at the thought of coming back, and you will leave with so many beautiful memories and locals’ contacts who will truly be in touch with you for years to come.
Indeed, Dubrovnik is a very special place for Your very special day.
***for your personalized wedding offer in Dubrovnik , please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and making your dreams come true!
CEREMONY VENUE: Palm Terrace, hotel Excelsior | FLOWERS: Le Salon | HAIR & MAKEUP: hair salon UP | PHOTOGRAPHER: Fabijan Drnas
CEREMONY + RECEPTION VENUE: Villa Orti | FLOWERS: Le Salon | HAIR & MAKEUP: hair salon UP | PHOTOGRAPHER: DT Studio
FLOWERS: Le Salon | HAIR & MAKEUP: hair salon UP | PHOTOGRAPHER: Nina Anić Photography
PHOTOGRAPHER: Veronica Arevalo, Svadbas Photography
Even tough Covid-19 has changed lots of plans for all of us, this lovely couple decided to travel to Croatia all the way from the US and celebrate love in one of the most romantic cities – Dubrovnik.
Some of you may wonder– is it safe to travel to Dubrovnik? Is it safe to have an event now?
Our answer is absolutely yes – health and safety are our priority, and we take it very seriously, but with all necessary measures, we can still do events that will be just as amazing and as breathtaking as this fabulous proposal was…
The surprise factor, the tears, the incredible backdrop. God we missed this all!
Thank you Pranv & Kristi, you will always hold a special place in our hearts!