Never really thought of myself as a trendsetter, in anything. Good trend follower, well that’s another piece of cake that I can relate to. Am I am big fan of trends? No, not really. But in weddings, they really do come handy, especially if you’re doing a destination wedding in a country you don’t live or know local flowers, florists, decoraters, offers etc.
And trust me, there’s a lot to know 🙂
I’ll cover here a bit of this and a bit of that and I truly hope you find it useful like my Brides do 🙂
So let’s start with flowers!
- LOCAL FLOWERS- LAVENDER PLEASE! We get so many Dubrovnik brides asking about local flowers and seasonal local offer. Do keep in mind that absolutely all Dubrovnik florists get their flowers from Netherlands and store them locally. Croatia doesn’t have a standard flower farm as such so we don’t really grow local flowers in bulk. Many of you will think lavender is a way to go but it blooms for such a short period (count June and that’s about it!) so for the rest of the year it would have to be dried (read: flying around everywhere!) and preserved. May be a good option for table centerpieces but wouldn’t recommend it dried for a bridal bouquet or God forbid confetti- you will be getting rid of dried lavender from your hair for days to come 🙂
- BOHO CHIC STYLE – oh the boho style, that pleasant laid back floral design that is actually anything but laid back as you will learn while talking to your Dubrovnik wedding florist. Playful texture and colors, garden roses and greenery, free spirit and barefoot newlyweds. That would be a pure definition though you are allowed to wear sandals. Honestly, I don’t see many Dubrovnik wedding venues that fit this style, but some that come to my mind are located on islands, surrounded by pine trees and everlasting sound of crickets, where you enjoy the sunset with the feet in the sea while sipping a glass of your wedding signature cocktail. Keep in mind this relaxed style can turn out to be quite pricey as it requires a lot of flowers to get the look and usually pricey flowers too (read Dave Austin roses, peonies, hydrangeas etc). But is it beautiful? Oh my God- stunning!
- GREEENERY- now that’s a trend that’s been here for a couple of years and we’re not seeing it fading out any time soon. Why is that, you ask? Well, being simple, cost effective and luxurious at once for one! Easily accessible, ideal for long tables that are oh so trendy and we are so in love with, greenery oriented centerpieces are one of the favorites among our brides lately. You can do so much with greenery, it is incredible- from falling centerpieces to grand chandeliers. And if you incorporate a flower here and there and add romance to the rustic chic style, you got yourself a winner! And don’t forget a truck load of candles!
- LIGHTS OF ALL KINDS – different kind of lighting has become a major part of most of our clients decor planning and it suits pretty much all venues if chosen right. For a romantic feel, there are fairy lights around the trees. For rustic style there are string lights (festoons) that add that country feel touch. Then there are hanging Chinese paper lanterns – a wedding decor evergreen already. Let’s not forget ambiental lighting some venues can do without and some can’t. Do ask your wedding planner on the opinion on that, it can make a world of a difference. And finally, the grand crystal chandeliers, decorative pieces that will make any venue look like a million dollars. If they are your style. But done in a right way, they’re everyone’s style, trust me 😉
- BEING YOURSELF- as you can see, trends are not really my thing. Most of these photos are actually from the past 10 years randomly, so it doesn’t really matter what’s in trend, what matters is what’s a reflection of you. Personalization will always be in trend. Don’t forget that. Stay true to yourself and you will enjoy everything you design for your most special Dubrovnik destination wedding.
So we come to an end of this mini topic. It’s actually huge, but as long as you stick to what you love and enjoy, you’ll be just fine, be it in trend or no.For more personal ideas, contact us at email@example.com