I would like you to think about this for a moment: when was the last time you watched a movie (or even a cartoon!) where you didn’t see at least one wedding scene? If you haven’t noticed this trend so far, please pay attention to it and you will know exactly what I am talking about! Weddings are so trendy that even Tarantino incorporates them into his scenarios. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but you got the point.
As unbelievable as this may sound, I just LOVE weddings. Love. Really love. Without pretending, without exaggeration or any bamboozling – not only do I love to organize them (and my favorite part of the organization is the wedding day itself) but I live for the day when the postman brings me an invitation to a wedding where I am a real guest (although , I’m never really just a guest if you know what I mean, but I love that part too!). Now that I have shared this with you, it is time to say that I naturally also love movies and everything that has anything to do with weddings – commercials, cartoons, reality shows. All of it! And I have to admit that I was born at a good time, because my dears – everything, everything these days is about weddings!
Today a bit different post than usual, since we are spending so much time with remote control in nour hands this year and Netflix became some sort of a friend these days . So let’s go through Netflix wedding movies guide for those “hygge” winter evenings under the blanket when the fiance falls asleep. Don’t take advantage of a man’s goodwill to watch just about every wedding movie, rather use it for The Shoes (not a movie, actualy shoes for your wedding day ;)). Or that veil that costs like a loan installment for an apartment, but you know deep down inside, and I mean REALLY know that it was secretly made just for you.
Therefore, prepare a large bowl of popcorn (not only are they convenient, but they also have much less calories of all the snacks so you have an excuse you are taking care of your bridal looks), your favorite blanket and take a remote in your hands! Netflix has brought romantic comedies back into an absolute trend!
1. Mamma Mia! – this is an unforgettable classic of the modern era if you are preparing for a wedding. You have no idea how many times I have heard brides saying they want the reincarnation of a Mamma Mia wedding on their special day. I can bet your fiancé won’t watch this, so plan the movie night with your friends or solo – it is always a good choice! And yes, first part is much better than second, but do watch them both 🙂
2. Decoy Bride – When the paparazzi sabotage the wedding of international film star Lara and English writer James, they decide to move the wedding to a remote Scottish island. But it is not so easy to deceive journalists, and the couple will have to decide on much more drastic measures. This is where Katie shows up – she is chosen to be a fake bride to mislead the paparazzi. When Katie meets James, sparks start flickering between them and things get complicated… An interesting story development that you can watch with your fiancé and here and there mention which scenario would happen to him if something like that came to his mind.
3. Meet the parents – I don’t know about you, but I’ve watched this movie a dozen times. And you could possibly watch this one with your fiancé. The biggest nightmare for our better halves is the disapproval of the bride’s father, and in this case – is truly turning into a nightmare. A great combination of Ben Stiller and Robert de Niro in this solid comedy where we hope that love conquers everyone, even the father-in-law who is a former CIA agent.
4. The Week of – Adam Sandler is one of Netflix’s top comedians and their biggest star. In this combination with the hilarious star Chris Rock – they play fathers of the future newlyweds who spend the week together before the wedding date. A decent comedy, which, again, could work with your fiancé.
5. Bachelorette (2012) – although there really are no good reviews about this one, this romantic comedy with a very good cast is, to me personally, hilarious. Some would describe this movie as a female “Hangover” because the plot gets complicated by every minute. Recommendation: watch with maid of honor and / or bridesmaids. And be sure to indicate which actions from the movie are strictly forbidden, so that they don’t think that you are giving them ideas for your hen party.
6. Jenny’s wedding – Jenny is finally getting married (speaking of which – have you seen the movie Muriel is getting married? If not, it’s a warm recommendation (blast from the past, as it’s quite old J)!), and her extremely traditional Catholic family, which drives her crazy every day and comments about her biological clock, is relieved. But it’s not that simple- Jenny is a lesbian and marries the chosen one of her heart, Kitty. Watch an interesting, fun and touching romantic comedy with your friends, girlfriend or sister – this is likely not the material for your boyfriend.
7. Wedding Unplanned – icing at the top of the cake! When she finds the wedding planner’s business card in Mathias’s pocket, Alexia immediately says “Yes”, unaware of the fact that the card belongs to his mistress. An hour and a half of good fun and just believe me – from personal experience I can tell you that this is a scenario that does not happen. Although you’ll probably rethink hiring a wedding planner when you see this movie, will you :D?
What are your favorite wedding related movies? Tell us! 🙂